Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why did Koi fishes die?

One day, as soon as I reached school, the gardeners called me..."Pn Tay, Pn Tay, ikan dah mati!".....oh dear! what a sight greeted me!


Fishes, big and small, all floating belly up....


All!  Not one was spared!  the baby fishes on top of the big fishes....


If you feed them everyday and they recognise you by coming to you when you are feeding them, they become like your babies, so it is rather heartbreaking.




see all the little ones....died alongside their big comrades, like being felled in one swoop in some massacre

I was told some of them are pregnant (can I say that? doesn't sound right!) are carrying eggs....about to lay...

Mati terkorban! Poisoned? Sabotaged?


Do you know what survived? The DBKL fish! (The black sucker fish that acts like a vacuum cleaner, cleaning out the bottom of the pond.  It is still there, black and foreboding, like a harbinger or more bad news to come).

By the way, Mr Thong, our resident physicist, tested the akilinity of the water and it was ph 5, it should be ph7, so ACID RAIN killed all the fishes.

Uncle Sam. the canteen man who helped me to buy the fishes (btw, I just submitted my claim forms for keceriaan, so no more fishes for this year end, account is closed) will be buying turtles or terrapins next....so watch out for them babies soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

guess what? the exact same thing happened to me today. :( all the koi in my pond died, but the dbkl fishes and other fishes survived. i wonder what caused them to die. maybe it was the acid rain, because it rained earlier today.

MK Loo said...

this pond will soon be gone when they start building the new block for the Methodist Youth Centre, when the boarding goes up. Luckily, we did not replace the fishes nor did we buy any tortoises.