Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

9 May 2010 (Sunday) Teacher Idols Makeover at Pavillion

It all started when Dhilip nominated me as Teacher Idol, and we were informed that out of all entries from all over Malaysia, the four of us were lucky to be chosen
My maid took a shot of "before" me as I got ready to go to Pavillion, meeting at STAR
Alycia, Priya and Chelsea from the STAR accompanied us to our first stop: Hair Makeover at Esprit Hair Saloon
We were so early Esprit Hair hasn't even opened yet, and the workers(equally early) are sitting outside waiting

Sathia gets hair done first

then Hardev



Malay teacher Norazila is sitting this out because she wears a tudung and decided not to get her hair done

My hair? very par pai lor....no less than 4 persons did my hair!! First this shampoo boy washed my hair
Then Eric coloured it
Ashlee styled it and chose my colour
Absolutely loved the revolving domed hair dryer that spun like the earth spins round the sun or is it the other way round?

Then: the man himself: MIKO!!!!


Miko Au
He is giving me expert advice on how to style my hair!!! the Director!!
I am in awe of him, but he is in awe of me!!! He is learning English, so as to help in his presentation as he is doing a lot of live shows and demos!! He confesses he doesn't like to talk, but loves demonstrating..he is talented!
you cannot layer your hair
you cannot perm your hair.
you cannot cut a fringe or bangs
you cannot cut too short


In short, my hair looks exactly as before!!! (he has cut the end so they fall in a cascade)



Eric, the 19 year old who already knows what career direction to pursue:hair styling and sculpting

Ashlee is Eric's sifu



The we trotted off to The Loaf for lunch (partly owned by Mahathir)



 Looks very busy, but look again, those busy pple behind are dummies
 Hardev and Chelsea
Our photographer and Sathia
 Bacon bits spaghetti (Alycia's)
seafood Marinara, mine ( I only ate the seafood, scared I could not fit into the clothes later!)
I needed two cups of coffee
Alycia's tiramisu
sathia's fruits platter
 Had to rush to Parkson to keep the next appointment
 Make-up by Laura Mercier

Norazila is young and naturally beautiful


do I look fierce? (garang)
TANGS
next: TANG'S for the final makeover

Chabom Chan, our stylist has pre-picked the clothes for our transformation

Hardev
Norazila has colourful scarf and blouse
me: before
first choice of clothes
then a trench coat
orange off shoulder blouse and culottes
dress that hugged the paunchy belly
same blouse paired with off white pedal pushers
my shoes


for Sathia!

here, this heart shaped sequinned orang clutch goes well with your outfit, Chabom says.







Our patient lensman

and the hardworking team who worked whole day on Sunday! (9 to 7.30!) Alycia, Chelsea, Priya, (all camera-shy) and Shiow Chin, who popped in even though she is not on duty!
Of course I need to take a mandatory pciture of the liu li fountain that is now the icon of Pavillion!!

Watch out for our unveiling in the Sunday Star!

Next post, I will be doing justice to the sponsors! (Miko Hair Saloons, Chabom Chan, Tangs, Laura Mercier, Star and The Loaf)

No comments: