Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2014

MH17...Time Numbs You...



This is the picture today that I can’t stop thinking about.
This is the face of a mother who just saw her daughter’s name on the list of passengers on the Malaysian plane that was shot down.
My heart goes out to her.

I have no idea how, or even if, I would be able to go on with my life if someone in my family was killed in a plane crash. The thought just scares the hell out of me.

Several years ago I spoke to a woman whose husband was killed in plane crash.
I asked her if “time heals.”
I’ll never forget her answer.
She said time doesn’t heal.
She said time “numbs” you.

Unfortunately we are going to see so many of these pictures in the coming days. Each one a gut wrenching story of loss.

And whether time “heals” and/or “numbs”, I hope all of victim's families are somehow able to deal with their loss.
I hope all of them are somehow able to deal with their heartbreak.
And most importantly I hope all of them are somehow able to “Stay Strong.”

My thoughts will be with them.

This is a difficult post to “like”.
If you do want to hit “like”, I will assume that it means your heart goes out to this woman and all the other families of the 298 people on board.

Picture courtesy: Edgar Su/Reuters


http://isupanaz.blogspot.com/2014/07/mh17-melampau-wanita-cina-hina-kapten.html



A Malaysian actress has just celebrated her 38th birthday, and was returning home with her husband and baby daughter aboard the ill-fated MH17. She acted in Spanar Jaya, Gadis 3 and more: http://bit.ly/1tg2Xd5 


Angeline

No comments: