Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CNY is...2nd Day, Back to my hometown!

On the 2nd day of CNY we went to my hometown
to celebrate with my siblings and their children.

After our journey from KL, we were treated to the food that we missed.
Curry laksa, lor mee and dry fish ball mee.

At night, the maids prepared our dinner.


three sisters



one in BP, one from JB and now Australia, one from KL (me)


special dish: Poon choy

 my nephew exhausted from visiting

 My family on my side, missing: my sister and her family from singapore
 2 cousins, half each other's age
 the boys
 sons of my bro

 durian is best eaten shared
 counting ang pows: red packets of luck containing money

 happy times
 cny is a time for family and friends

 also a time for family feast, wish our parents were here, though
 good to see young faces and new generation to ensure continuity
 Long table feast!
 Bro, sisters and bro's wife
 Loo family
 Ho family
 Teo family
 Tay family
 3 daughters and 1 son 
and their spouses, daughters and sons,
Mum and Dad would have been proud of us.
 my two daughters, I am very happy!
My son did not come, he has no holiday.
The Singapore people too, start school and work today:
we are thankful Malaysians has a whole week off!!
 My niece and her invited guests.
 Time for some permitted fireworks.
 And harmless sparklers
 I can remember when I was young, the deafening crash of 
crackers hung from a long bamboo pole, the louder the better to
ward off evil and bring in good luck.
 Durian feast
 The "Australians" cannot have enough of the durians!
 Uncle Terry is adept at opening the tricky thorny fruits.
 My brother and his sons are the best hosts!
Accomodation is not a problem!



Next morning, we had fruits in the garden!

The best garden on the block!

 Pulasan: a fruit sweeter and juicier than rambutans!
Don't we look fabulous? 
You can't guess our ages!!
I love to celebrate CNY with my family, 
can we do this every year?

No comments: