Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

What to wear to PTA certificate presentation?

Last Saturday, 25 February, 2012 was the school's AGM
and certificate presentation for the 2011 outgoing AJK
(Committee members)

 It is a formal school affair, no sleeveless or overtly short dresses,
or clothes that breached modesty decorum
(menjolok mata) 
yet I did not want to look over dressed or too dowdy
 I did not feel like wearing the national dress, 
as it was held at the open hall,
without any airconditioning.

I wore this: a see through, chiffon printed blouse
from ORIOLI boutique in Bangsar.

It has pleated details on both sleeves
and also tucks on the shoulders.
Chiffon caresses your skin, is silky soft and keeps 
you cool through rising temperatures as the morning wore on!

The versatility of this blouse is that when I pair it with a brown skirt,
 I am ready for the classroom.


Teamed with a playful, casual pair of brown
pedal pushers, I am ready for a girls' day out!
 Token for all ex committee members of the PTA
 I now have towels from Queens (above)
my previous boys' school, and a convent school.


My certificate for my 2011 tenure.