Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Writing Win at Teacher's Day Celebration

On 23 May 2012, I attended a rehearsal for a prize giving 
at the CIDB Convention Centre, the venue of
this year's Teacher's Celebration at Jabatan Level.

 This convention hall place used to  be the site of a squatter
colony at Cheras, I used to look at the quaint squatter 
houses and marvel at their resilience, it even had a temple and
vegetable farms.  I wonder where they have been relocated to 
(not another victim of urban slums, I hope)
 Opposite is the revived VIVO which used to be the defunct UE3, a massive shopping complex that failed.
I saw my colleague rehearsing as one of the flag bearers.

 This is the actual day, and this is the Senator, Nong Cik giving his address.
 The highlight of the performances has to be this talented violinist from Convent Bukit Nenas.
 She was accompanied by her equally talented sister on the piano.
This is my win:
A certificate and some cash.

.Me with my certificate, we have to collect our money (token sum) later.
flashback:
My Writing Win in 2009

No comments: