Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Paan Meen and Food Tales

After we have left Tmn Midah for quite a long time
she has cravings for the old roadside stall paan meen...
(hand made machine rolled noodle)


fetched her after school and treated her to the noodle:
if her dad fetches her it is usually McD drive-in

 I like my noodle in long strands with lots of chilli padi (I emptied the whole small plate!) anchovies, sliced chinese mushrooms and bamboo leaves


She like hers "torn" into irregular pieces in brothy soup

 what the stall looks like!!!
I am sure you cannot make out where is what!
Neither do I!
While on the food subject here are some of our simple dinners on maid's day off:
 Pattaya fried rice from the Thai food stall
 Stuffed yau char kwai
and vegetable soup (have to pay for the vegetables!)

 char kway teow!!! (extra hot with extra half cooked blood cockles!!!)
 Sunday dinners at the coffee shop when there's no one to cook for us
 my lunch when I feel I do not want to spend too much money! 2 ringgit vegetarian lunch. I love the fried fuchok, spurting oil and grease when I bite into it, but what the heck! I also love stir fried ladies fingers and long beans, with steaming hot rice to soak up the oil.
 You can ask for a bowl of seaweed soup, complimentary! Iced water also free!
 RM 2 kway teow (flat white noodles) in curry  with long beans, tau pok and bean sprouts.  Where else can you get 2 ringgit lunch? Sometimes, government food tax (6%) comes up to RM2 or more!!
 Seafood spaghetti from Mid Valley food court.
 at RM16.90, it is considered cheap as it has sizeable prawns, two big mussels, small lala (clams) and cuttlefish in creamy butter and carbonara sauce

 dad's choice: curry mee at RM4.80, also quite cheap,
 as it has lots of fish balls, bean curd, meatballs and fish cake.
prices after 6% government tax!

home cooked spaghetti with lots of diced sausages, chunky chicken breasts and minced meat ala EMELDA!! (our Filipina maid)
I will take all the coriander leaves because no one in the family takes them, and sprinkle lots of packet red chilli from Domino Pizza!

2 comments:

Sue Lin said...

Ur pix were killing me!!!! I had to press space bar so that it will scroll down further faster! But u had so many pix the space bar couldnt save me!!!

MK Loo said...

Sorry lah!!! deleted some repeat food photos and resized the photos to medium instead of "large". did that help? Must remember to cut down on photo upload!