Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Loud but Polite

We have a board near the school office where good deeds of students are highlighted and posted on the wall.  Mrs. Lim told me this funny story:

One day while she was invigilating 4P class during Art Examination (Ujian Selaras) the headmaster popped into her class and said suddenly: "Kok Fai, have you read what I've written about you?" Of course he had not, no one had time to read it yet!

Then as suddenly as he appeared, the HM left, he not only left, he left everyone agog, most of all Mrs. Lim (she is indignant because the class is in the midst of exams!) and KOK FAI himself.

Now, Kok Fai became eaten with suspense.

"Mrs Lim, can I go downstairs to the toilet?"

Mrs Lim has a sadistic side to her that I did not know of.  "NO" she said. "This is an examination. No going to the toilet!"

Then, Kok Fai said, "Mrs Lim, may I go downstairs to take water for my Art?" "NO! Use the water from the pail outside the classroom!" (Mrs Lim!!!)

After a few minutes, Kok Fai said, "Mrs. Lim, I really need to go to the toilet. Urgent"

"You see that container there? Use that!" (to pee in!  Mrs. Lim, she can be so cruel!!!)

Poor Kok Fai, what a to do!!! He cannot contain his curiosity: WHAT HAS THE HM WRITTEN ABOUT HIM??? And Mrs. Lim would not let him go down to the toilet. (to read the notice!)

This is what was written!  The HM told us about it,
 and we also went to read it out of curiosity!
Kok Fai willingly posed for me beside his tribute.
How many times have you read it? I asked.
OOOOHHHH. Many many times!!
Everytime I come downstairs, I will go and read it!!!
He grins, happily!
And can he understand it? Who cares!!! As long as the HM has written a glowing tribute for him, it does not matter!
Kok Fai is also known as Nicholas, and he cheerfully helps me to sell the STAR sometimes, whenever I can catch hold of him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great way to boost worthy spirits! creative of the principal.

MK Loo said...

Dear Anon,
u are right. This board has been there for some time already. It is called "Kisah Benar". Btw you are?