Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

22 May 2010 Let's Talk Julie and Julia






Had a busy non-stop day today. First there was this replacement school day on a Saturday so was at work from 6.50 am to 1.50 pm. Then I used the Mahameru Highway to get to The Curve where I had a cosy coffee talk at MPH, the Curve. My shoes (from Hadyai, Thailand) gave way due to sheer age so that gave me an excuse to buy a new pair of Hush Puppies at Metrojaya. I drove back and reached Taman Midah and attended a birthday dinner at one of those million-dollar bungalows that you see in Midah. My N97 batteries went dead (bec of MPH) so no photos of the dinner! (mabe I can salvage some from my old Samsung).


Nice way to spend Saturday afternoon. Note the couple behind me. They are reitirees.
Free cup of coffee and ikan bilis bun!
The book featured for the talk today is JULIE AND JULIA.  I missed the "Eat, Pray, Love" , and  "Twilight: chat.

Lee Kuen, the organiser and the retired teacher...a few years from now, I will be like her, so free, attending book talks.

I finished my bun but I was still hungry (straight from school: no lunch)
So I went to the counter and found this soup bread

five types of soup of the day and I chose pumpkin

hmmmm....comfort food, could do with chunky bits of chicken though, then it would have been complete! You can drink the soup or break it and dunk the bread in the soup and eat it like a pig, like I did.



lots of activities going on at MPH the Curve
this MPH is supposed to be chicks oriented
what possessed me to wear this pair of shoes from Hadyai I don't know, it was so comfy till it gave way ( I had sent it to the cobbler many times, then kept it bec sayang to wear, now it broke on me)


My new shoes, nothing to look at but comfortable and suitable for school, to be used everyday!

Avatar from Alyssa's photo is still there, waiting for Allyssa
Walking back to E at the Curve through the Street was a great experience as the place was like pusalting with throbbing night-life evening-life where all the affluent teens came out to see and be seen.  Sorry no pictures, it wouldn't do to point my camera at eating and drinking youths hanging-out and lepaking.

No comments: