Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

100 Day Ceremony 23 October 2010



We celebrated Grandfather's 100 day ceremony with aplomb and splendour. Early in the morning, all the cars started arriving, all available relatives gather for the important event





We prepared all his favourite dishes....one of them : his famous braised Teochew duck

Uncle spent four hours braising this duck to perfection.

Doesn't it look huge? It is HUGE! But surprisingly it tasted succulent and tender and was gone in 2 sittings!

Vegetarian and meat dishes for offering.



Then we had a convoy to Semenyih



Panoramic view from new camera







My hat from Vietnam, from my daughter's travails in South East Asia









These relatives from Grandmother's side came all the way from Swatow, China


Aunt G all the way from Belfast, Ireland

























THE STAR OF THE SHOW WAS THE PRIEST...

PLEASE WATCH HIM IN ACTION!!!!!










In contrast, he cuts a lonely figure .....he has a quiet moment here




The grandchildren who were present.... and the China representatives






















boxes



boxes to be burnt



more boxes to be burnt



We had to collect the coins the priest scattered so awesomely on the ground, me in my Vietnamese hat!



Back home after the ceremony we had lunch with the food





She  says: "My son! My son!!!!"

She says: MY DAUGHTER!!!! My daughter!!!! 

3 comments:

Sue Lin said...

I like how u introduce the priest into ur blog post! Hahaah

Loo MK said...

isn't he awesome??? Look at his mouth!!! He really shouts with gusto! And we had to follow his shout!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, is that me on the first photo? Don't I look hungry?! BTW, for those who don't know, I am not the priest OK?! LOL

Beng