Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

On the Scene (OnD Scene) Bus on fire. 22 October 2010

I follow ON D Scene's blog (On the Scene) because he has the most up to date pcitures (sometimes same day itself) of accidents and mishaps...mostly in the city. That is not to say I like to look at gory pictures or photos of dead bodies bleeding on the road...but because he seems to be very spot on, and you can be sure of getting the details and blow by blow account of any disaster you want.
However, today, I had my own on the scene moment!!!
It all started with this SMS...we had to deliver our exam scripts to the bilik Kebal.


I was at the Brickfields post office to post off the parcels, got lost, as roads were closed and there were detours here, detours there with no signage to help the hapless driver.....I tried to get to Jalan Raja Muda Aziz. I was ahead of the other cars when I saw smoke billowing in the distance. All traffic had stopped.
Gosh!!! Very, very thick blanket of smoke spewing out from an unidentifiable vehicle and fast acting men dousing it with fire extinquishers....in vain. I did not know which way to go.

If I go left, what if the bus explode and I get hit by jetson flying my way. I do not want to meet my end that way....


If I go the other way, it is the wrong way for me...I will end up in Pudu (which was what I did, because you can see that the other side has poor visibility and was virtually unpasseable.



Anyway, I could only wait in my car and snap photos.

Soon, the whole sky was filled with noxious fumes that blocked all sight. Not wanting to be a kay poh anymore I fled the scene and ended on the wrong route.
I was the last to be at the bilik kebal to hand in my stuff to Miss Tan Mun Mui, but what an adventure I had!!

No comments: