Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Convent Girls Mini Reunion

I am in Midah and I am using my daughter's lappie....so I do not have any photos to blog, anyway, I shall leave last day of Pangkor for a while, don't you agree?


 
Lee Choo sms us to meet at Pappa Rich, Gardens Mall

  
 I used my cammie to track them as I was late

 
oooh! There they are!!! They saw me before I saw them!!! Such radiant smiles to greet me!
 
Joan is now Senior Manager, Accreditation and Standards (so says her card)
of Pantai Hospital Chain...wow! She had her nursing training in London in the 70s



Chee Moi has set up nursing homes in Seremban, she also went to London, in fact they had such fun in London, disco-ing at Mecca, the hippest and in place at that time and climbing over the fence to get back to their hospital hostel!!!

 
  I have not seen Joan and Chee Moi for what? 30 years? Lee Choo did pharmacy at Kent Ridge, Singapore and I stayed at boring old Kuala Lumpur, Univ Malaya...no climbing over the fence for me...the discos? Tin Mine, Alla Kaffa, Cosy Corner...have you heard of them? Ha ha ha!!!


Here we are, classmates in Convent for 11 years (except Lee Choo and Chee Moi who left for TIGS to do Science)
Joan and I were like always together in our primary and secondary days because we went to Catechism classes, she is a born Catholic, I was asked to go for lessons by my grandmother Theresa Kuan, a Catholic (mother of Sir Richard Lai, ex chairman of Catholic Nurses Guild) but, after all the lessons,I did not convert.

Chee Moi's son is a youthful, soon- to-be married young man, we thought he was 16, she also has a daughter, a doctor in KK, and she is about to be a grandmother.  Btw, all three ladies are swinging singles now.

 
I cannot resist taking this pic, like my Aunt, Agnes Lai used to say "the Hakkas and Cantonese cannot run away from this red cloth banner for weddings"!!
  
My food:...Dry curry noodle with fishcake (with flash)

  
(without flash) looks delicious, but don't order this: tasted bleah! no curry, just soya sauce, plain mee with taugeh and fishcake.....I was so dissatisfied, I left the mee and ordered otak otak..
  
she had a wedding dinner in the evening so she had porridge
  
what's in the cute steamer?
  
hmmmmm....otak otak!!
  
Verdict? Bland!!!! Should be wrapped in banana leaves and steamed, not a steamer! Like Chee Moi said: if you want otak-otak, go to Muar, or even Batu Pahat!
  

  
Our drinks

Chee Moi had ABC.............and they had other food before I arrived, no pictures here because I used my camera for this blog,  and don't go to Pappa Rich at Gardens: no good!!!

Next post, when I go back to Kinrara, I will dig out our old photos when we were beautiful young girls (don't laugh, we were!!) in Convent.

No comments: