Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sakae Sushi IOI Mall, Puchong

The old man and me do not really fancy Japanese restaurants or fast food chains but I had these RM10 vouchers......and we also wanted a pre-celebration of son's graduation coming up next week...
10 vouchers which made up to RM100 and they could be used all at one go
so we went to the nearest Sakae Sushi: IOI Mall in Puchong
We left early at 5.30 and THERE WAS ALREADY A QUEUE!!!!
Ken reached there first and he phoned us that he "chupped" queue first. I met my ex MBS colleague, Mrs Quek WK or Pn Loh YF with her husabnd and 3 young sons
Luckily, it is only 6 pm so the queue was quite fast.
We got a table for 5 and you can order your food at your own dumb waiter monitor
All you want is here, except what I wanted: Beef and salmon set with its own burner/cooker
there is of course the ubiquitous conveyer belt of sushi in see through covers whizzing past you, pink plate, red plate, black plate....
Papa took this photo of us and said: "Bye bye..I am going to browse around 101 Mall"Red Plate soft shelled crab sushi RM5.90
crockery...RM0.00
Ivan's Chicken Shiogayaki or Ginger Chicken rice RM12.90..tasted normal like..well, ginger chicken!
Jenn's teriyaki chicken ramen RM12.90...tasted like usual!

Red Plate baby octupuses RM5.90....like those served in chinese four seasons!

Graduation Boy and Cousin
Red Plate Salmon RM5.90...miserable 4 slices
Ken's Beef Udon RM12.90..he liked it, with chunky pieces of beef

Pink Plate California Roll RM3.90, seaweed left a fishy smell on my fingers!
Salmon and Teriyaki Chicken Bento Rice RM22.90, shared this with Papa

Miso Soup and cawan mushi, I had these
Red Plate Big Roe, mashed salmon sushi: son ordered this because I said the roe was too tiny in the first pink plate
Bigggg roe (digitally enhanced!!!)


This is our bill, Ken adjusted so that the food cost RM99, and I paid RM14.85 plus plus (taxes and service charge).We are very frugal (read : tight-wad/or stingy!) people and anyway, we do not really care for Japanese food, Sakae Sushi or otherwise! My friend's tab was RM201 for 2 adults and 3 hungry boys.


1 comment:

Sue Lin said...

I love Japanese food!!!