Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

2.12.12 Tarian 1 Malaysia at Putrajaya


Got at 4.30 this morning to hop onto the bus at 5.45 to get to
Putrajaya for the Dance Carnival.

 Touted to break the Malaysia book of records 
for the most number of dancers dressed in blue, green purple, yellow and red.
 My group: The Reds
 After registration: waiting for the programme to start
 organised by the Ministry of Tourism, Cuti-Cuti 1 Malaysia Dance and Tourism Carnival

 The Putrajaya Justice Building
 Warming up: there was a Malay, Chinese, Indian, Sabah and Sarawakian dance
PLUS::::OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!!!!

 Datin Seri Rosmah and Datuk Ng Yen Yen
 can you see her? she is in blue, she is doing Gangnam Style
 We posed more than we danced
 I am not a political person and I did not know I was going under the banner of Wanita MCA lol!!
 Wanita MCA Bahagian Puchong!!!!!!



 awesome balloon but it did not offer anyone any rides
 time for First Lady to go off
 Her double went in first
 then she went in
 I caught a glimpse of......Her Hand!!! as she waved to the crowd
 It's moving...!!!!!!
 It's coming towards me!





Her entourage passed by me....I SAW HER.......NOT!!!!!
Good night...Tomorrow I have duty in school,
and I am hitting the sack early, 
as I have told you, I got up at 4.30 this morning.
door gifts...
1Mal Tshirt, sunshade, bottle, drawstring bag and towel
Oh, I forgot, an apple, a bun and mineral water.
Free transport, free gifts...
I remembered once, I paid RM10 for the Tshirt and the event (held at Dataran Merdeka which I did not even go, as we had to find our own transport there!)


My line dance acquiantance: Jasmine Choo Yin Peng has some nice photos on her facebook:



 Jasmine Choo Yin Peng and Adeline Cheng
...later, they attended the Christmas Line Dance Party:
so much energy! I already  flopped in bed!!

 Adeline Cheng, one of the fore front leading dancers.

 Datuk Ng Yen Yen and Datin Rosmah







Source: all the above photos are from Jasmine.

in the STAR yesterday: 3 Dec 2012
Monday December 3, 2012

Grooving to the beat in Putrajaya

By LEE YEN MUN
yenmun@thestar.com.my


Rosmah accepting a painting from Dr Ng at the carnival in Putrajaya.

Having a good time: The crowd dancing to songs which represented a multi-cultural Malaysia. 


The original dance routine for the carnival involved a medley of the Malaysia Truly Asia and Cuti-Cuti 1Malaysia songs as well as seven ethnic dances. This is the fourth time that the carnival has been organised and similar events will be held in Kota Kinabalu on Saturday and Kuching on Dec 16.

No comments: