Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

23.12.12 Universal Studios, Singapore

Everybody who goes to Singapore HAS to go to
THE theme park: Universal Studios,
the only Universal Studio in Asia after the first one in Japan.

Our free tickets from my niece Reen.
We only bought the express line ticket.

My brother-in-law looked after us very well. Not only did
he fetched us to Vivo City, he fed us a hearty breakfast at Han's...


Q!!! Queue!!! Everywhere in Singapore, you have to Q!!
(coming back also Q!!)


My bro in law (in front of my daughter) has a craving for Hokkien Mee
and he is crossing over to Sentosa for his Hokkien Mee fix at Malaysia Street.
 We are now on our own....first some pix with some vintage
 The Vintage, with the Vintage, both made in 1955
(now you know how ancient I am!!)
 Oooh la la, what do you know? Hollywood street,
or New York Street, or whatever.....


I could swear I was in New York, if not for the hot weather and the Singlish all around me
 our first ride: the kind boy at the turnstile let me in even though I do not have an express pass. ...
 For this ride, I was turned away and could only take photo of this beaming girl...
 Jurassic park ride that we did not ride, just because the squeamish girl did not want to get wet.......
 Waterworld show...at the "wet zone"....of course we sat at the dry zone because SHE did not want to get wet.....by the way, this boy got doused with a bucket of water over his head after he sprayed at the audience
 Rambo wannabe and Scarlet Johanssen lookalike, they may not act on celluloid but they gave their all here..
 action-packed and adrenaline charged, lots of explosions and shooting,
a mother had to take out her wailing kid, because it was so realistic, to him.
 then we, or rather she, went on the canopy flyer, because I could not stand the queue and she took express..and I had no express....
 I waited here, and it also rained buckets
 of course, I do not dare try the Cylon
 or Human, but she did both, by herself
 the must do ride: Battlestar Galactica
 I did this : Accelerator....hahaha!!! so baby!
 hi tech version of the revolving tea cups
 then it snowed! on New York Street in Singapore in the middle of the monsoon season
 everyone was delighted with the simulated snow, the closest you can get in the tropics
 Look at the silly crowd, (I am in the jeep already, so I am gloating, I am alone, because this ride is too tame for her) waiting for the silly Treasure Hunt ride.
 This is the slow jeep, and the treasures are some stone vultures, some bluff skulls and broken treasure chests, and I had to fight with a China native and his son, the father wanted the front seat, just as I was buckling up and he insisted I give up my seat to him. loudly!!  Since he is not Singaporean, I will not call him kiasu but I will call him sua koo....wait a minute, I am also of Chinese origin, so I must not forget my roots......maybe people are calling me "lou koo"
 No Studio is done until you catch the parade.....
 And no Studio experience is done till you take photos with Universal character impersonators

 Betty Boop.
 Betty who???
 She has never heard of Betty Boop, because Betty Boop is way before her time, she is such a baby
 No, no way I am going to have my photo taken with Betty Boobs, oops, Betty Boo, eerr.. Betty Boop..
Oh, what'd'ya know, I got free Betty Boop merchandise when I bought a Universal T shirt...bookmark magnet $3.90 and Marilyn Monroe Betty Bobble Head $8.90 free, I don't know why...



 then, before we went back we had the Mummy ride, daughter twice : once express line, and the 2nd time, queue with me. It was a scary ride with lots of sudden stops, retreats, dodges and neck breaking brakes. When the picture came out, my eyes were shown closed the entire ride.  It was the only way I came out unscathed. BTW, I did not buy the picture.
 Congratulations, she survived Human and Cylon, and she lost her voice.
 she went on the Transformer and now she insisted I had to go too, and the line was horrendous, before the ride killed me, the line did.
 this ride? it was a roller-coaster (just what I hate!) ride with lots of special effects of robots wanting to squish you like an insect and lots of in the nick of time dramatic saves, just when you thought you will be crushed by an auto bot or when you thought you are crashing through space like a asteroid hell bent on ending the world on 21.12.12. I was the Apocalypse, NOT,
 I wanted to take a shot of daughter happily showing her Express Pass at the Express line, and when she got through, she actually SKIPPED in gaily...by the way she was GAY Jenn on the bus ticket....

I said "Tay" but the girl typed "Gay"
 And no Universal trip is done until you take photo with this iconic ball
me, waiting to meet my friends at Marche,
it has been a long day, and I did not envisage the queue to get back to the shuttle!!!
my goodies!!!!
Yummy Hershey's that were gone very soon!!

No comments: