Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

23 April 2013..Taipan Assault and 24 April, Editor loses cash to Snatch thieves


NST managing editor loses cash, valuables to snatch thieves

APRIL 24, 2013

KUALA LUMPUR, 24 April — New Straits Times managing editor Datuk Nuraina Samad, 57, lost RM9,000 in cash and personal belongings when her handbag was snatched by three men in a car near a restaurant in Taman Tun Dr Ismail, here, last night.
Nuraina said she, her daughter and a niece just had dinner and were getting into their car when the incident happened at 10.30pm.
“While walking towards my car, I saw a grey MyVi car with dark tinted glass parked behind mine but I didn’t think anything of it.
“When I was opening by car door, the MyVi moved forward next to my car and a man on the front passenger seat suddenly grapped my handbag but failed to snatch it away.
“Then, another passenger in the car pulled at my handbag while pointing a knife at me. I could not struggle anymore and let go my handbag,” said Nuraina who suffered scratches and bruises on her arms in the incident.
She said her handbag contained a wallet, mobile phone, cheque book and some personal items.
She lodged a report at the Taman Tun Dr Ismail police station at 11 last night. – Bernama 

Hawkeye Jack
HIGH CRIME RATE! EVEN CRONIES ARE NOT SPARED!
KUALA LUMPUR: ONE of three women out for dinner in Taman Tun Dr Ismail on Tuesday was robbed by snatch thieves and another suffered minor injuries after being attacked by a thief brandishing a knife.
New Straits Times managing editor Datuk Nuraina A. Samad, 57, said the episode began after she had finished dinner with her daughter, Shaira Nur Idris, and niece Siti Nur Amalina Kamal in a restaurant in Jalan Wan Kadir at 10pm.
"We were walking towards my car when I noticed a Perodua Myvi with three men inside.
"I initially thought nothing about it as I assumed the driver was parking his car. I was about to open my car door when I noticed the Myvi approaching me with its windows down and my instincts told me something was wrong.
"I was holding my car keys in my right hand and my handbag was on the left.
"Suddenly, I felt a strong tug as one of the men in the back passenger seat pulled my handbag.
"I held on to it with all my strength and shouted.
"I also used my car keys to stab one of the hands tugging at me, while another man began hitting my left hand as I refused to let go of my bag."
By this time, Shaira, 21, and Amalina, 22, sensed something was wrong as they were standing on the other side of Nuraina's vehicle. The latter went around and tried to help her aunt.
Amalina said: "I was chatting with Shaira as we waited for my aunt to open the car doors.
"We realised something was wrong only when we heard my aunt shouting.
"I ran around the back of my aunt's car and saw her fighting off the men.
"I tugged at her handbag as well and one of the suspects shouted at me to back off. Before I realised it, one of the robbers pointed a kitchen knife at me."
She suffered a cut on her thumb although she did not realise it then. The suspect with the knife then brandished it at Nuraina, who was keeping a firm grip on her handbag.
Alarmed at the struggle Nuraina was putting up despite being outnumbered, the suspects accelerated slightly. The sudden movement caused her to fall and lose her grip on her handbag.
The suspects fled from the scene while Amalina and Shaira rushed to Nuraina's aid.
They lodged a report at the Taman Tun Dr Ismail police station.
Nuraina suffered losses of about RM9,000 and a bruised left arm.
This was the second time she had been robbed. The first incident was at gunpoint in Section 16, Petaling Jaya, in 1982.
It is understood that a passer-by wrote down the registration plate of the robbers' vehicle, which was passed to the police.
Police have a photofit of one suspect.
Brickfields police chief Assistant Commissioner Azlee Abdullah said the car registration plate was false.
"The suspects' modus operandi has been reported in several cases in the Klang Valley."


Taipan Assault and Attempted Baby Snatch

Goh Johwyn
Yesterday, 23rd of April, around 7.15pm, my wife brought my daughter out to get some books for my daughter in taipan , after she came out from bigbook shop, as she's walking towards her car, she was stopped by one guy.
This guy place a knife on her neck, asking her "jangan jerit"
This guy then came in front of her and asking her to give him the handphone that my wife is holding..
Because she's carrying my daughter in her arms, she didn't fight back nor run, she handed the phone to him immediately.
Few seconds later, this guy told my wife to hand over my daughter to him, my wife instantly hold my daughter as close as possible to her chest and bend away from the guy,
With the knife in his hand, he slashed my wife on her arms trying to hurt her and snatch my daughter.
Someone saw the assault and shouted from afar, that's when the guy flee the scene with only her handphone with him.
My wife suffered a few wounds around her arms and neck, 8 stitches in total and thank god she's fine now and also my baby daughter. My baby is unharmed.

Guys, please be extra careful when you have kids with you, be extra vigilant, this society is getting worse...


Share this out to your love ones, at least to remind them.. To always stay sharp, stay focus..


Johwyn

No comments: