Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

School Debate 2013

This year, I found myself in charge of the school debate again..
so when the Pudu Zone debate season is on, I rustled up a team and brought them to compete.
This will be the very last time I will be bringing students for debate!

 Pn Yeo clarifying a point with teacher in charge...the host is SMK BTR
 the schools in Pudu which are taking part, we are up against Maluri.
 Dr. is reading out the rules....
 drawing lots to decide who will be the government or opposition...school debates are parliament style debates
 from my daughter's school


 from my school
 Ashraf, Damia and She Ren
 The Maluri girls
 spoiling for the fight...we lost!
 my two stand bys....Mustaqim and Emilia
 judges taking their seats
 three judges

 She Ren presenting her debate

 I have to thank these kids for their gallant effort, much training is needed for a debate
 I have stayed in Midah for more than 20 years, but this is the first time I have come to BTR school
 this school is a misnomer, it is called Bandar Tun Razak Secondary school, yet situated in Jalan Midah Tengah.

You can see the Midah neighbourhood from the second floor of the school
 My students





 the packed food for the students

 outside the gates of the school, so weird to see a school right smack in a residential garden, hardly any space for teacher's parking
 Damia and She Ren posing outside the school. When you come out of the school, every which way you turn, there are people's houses.
 Terrace houses on the roads right next to the school
I also went to the finals: SAB with Sri Mutiara....and SAB won. 
I have always been to schools in the Bangsar zone, 
and now this is the first time I go to schools in Pudu, since I joined Permaisuri.

No comments: