Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Wangsa Melawati Programme Cilik Bestari

Since Cik Teo the Catur teacher is on leave,
I as the Form 6 Chess Club teacher took the students 
to Wangsa Melawati School for a chess programme


Met Mr Phang who told me this is his last time bringing the students 
before he retires in July, strange.....this is also my last time bringing the students......
he is my age, and he revealed he has a daughter in MBS
wonder of wonders!!! It's a small world after all.
I said...."I know, she is Karen Phang!!!" and he said, "Right!!!how do you know???????"
Miss Karen Phang was my colleague just before I left MBS.

 Took breakfast for my boys and girls
 My Form 2 chess players
no, this is not the breakfast,
 this is the sponsored lunch by Ayamas Chicken.
 other school kids having breakfast provided by the host school
 then we went to the hall, the venue of the event

 I got a table for them
 then I wondered off!!! I love to visit other schools and look at their facilities


 cute little outdoor garden with a miniature bridge and man made stream
 pools of tranquillity for moments of quietude
 feng shui elements incorporated in a school corner
 outside the school hall
 the event was basically to market this new game by Johor Corporation
 simulation game first
 then they started the competition
I did not want to be a judge (so boring!!!! I do not play chess!!
I play only with words)

 So I wondered off again!!! hahaha.....so nice to see their "keceriaaan" (I used to be a keceriaan teacher in MBS)
 Bougainvilleas trained around an arch from the canteen to the walkway
 The canteen is a must visit for me, 
to have my cuppa.

 Wangsa Melawati has some breath taking hills and this is the 9 o clock sun....school is situated on a hill
 clean canteen
 made my way back to the hall again through this shady arbour
 students from the afternoon session have shade to sit around waiting for school to start
 went back to the hall and game was in progress
 snuck out again and went to my car to park it in a shadier place....took a pic of the school gate
our cars are parked outside
 Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Wangsa Melawati, Kuala Lumpur, it is on the way to the zoo, Ulu Kelang
 coming to this school showed me the way to Riverview Restaurant, where we were going to have out family dinner with Uncle Siang...see earlier post.....

 this is the outside view of the hall

 now I am back with my students

 this is the game they were launching
we get to bring back a set for our school

I got two sets, and I let the students bring them home,
till Miss Teo comes back.

 Before I went back I took a pic of this creeper at the HM's car park


 nice pergola, good ideas for my pergola at home
 this pergola was donated and officiated by an ex headmistress

No comments: