Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Friend's son wedding at Fullerton, Singapore 6 July 2013

2 or three years ago,
I went to my friend's first son wedding at St Regis
this year her second son got married at Fullerton.



We found our way to Fullerton using Waze
and was there by 5.30 in the evening.
 Follow me to the cocktail pre dinner drinks and canapés  at the roof garden
Signage

 This beautiful picture is obtained from the official photographer, it's not mine.
There is a live mini orchestra in attendance.
 sigining in...party is already in progress
 note the post box, Fullerton  is a refurbished hotel from an old post office circa 1928
beautiful view of rooftop garden with the sensational frame of the newly weds
pic taken from pic,
hence not so perfect,
but the pose is perfect,
with a perfect train.
this is what the post box is for...depositing your ang pow 
for the IT generation, this is how we used snail mail in the past!!
his ang pow...
the third son (in background) will be getting married next!!!
My classmate, mother of the groom, Jackie Chin (Chew Lin)
she asked me to find another old picture of us, and I do not have the time yet......
 with her husband, who was once my History and English teacher when we were in secondary school!
BFF forever
When we were young,
she invited me to her house to view her collection of cacti
then, another time, to see her collection of tropical fish...
 wonderful backdrop and setting for a rooftop garden cocktail party
 Singapore headmaster and his lovely wife
 Mingle
 Mingle, mingle
 I made the faux pas of saying..."ooooh, popiah!"
 it turned out to be Peking duck.....lol

dainty morsels of Peking duck meat and crackly skin rolled in crepes

I fed him cupcakes to pose for a pic as instructed by Jackie...
I got my bling bling and cocktail ring from Shereen!





At 6.45 we have to go down to the ballroom, where the wedding couple will march in at sharp 7!!
Follow me now as we go to the ballroom

yes, that is a teddy bear at the VIP table!!

 table gifts are Molton Brown, London

what is inside, I will tell you later

 table setting
 John is taking photos of the march in!

Everything is down pat!
 on the dot at 7 the newly weds march in !!!

 Amidst a puff of smoke and a cloud of mist, the couple walked in...
 trailed by a downy fluff of white tulle and georgette
 if I am tall and slim, I would also like a train like this, thank you very much..
see, it needed a personal valet or valette, (girl) to manage it
this wonderful shot is also by the professional photog...wish my camera can accomplish this!!!
 Bee Eng, my other classmate capturing the moment for posterity, she also has 3 sons (and a married daughter)
 yam seng time
 popping the cork time

(from left to right) Father of the bride from Taiwan, bride from Taiwan, dashing bridegroom from Batu Pahat, my classmate, my teacher, their unmarried son and their first son who is now a father of one
my teacher Mr Gan is deliriously happy!!!

She is so beautiful, right? She spoke in Mandarin.
He is so suave, and spoke like an orator in English, Mandarin, Hakka, and Hokkien..
No wonder, he once represented SMKBL for debate in KL!!!


Food was specially chosen by Edwin who has jet-setted to every corner of the globe in his capacity as chief steward


 Fortune Combination of suckling pig, deep fried shrimp paste spinach roll wrapped in with minced chicken and salted egg yolk, fresh tossed abalone is spicy sour sauce, jelly fish in spicy dressing, baked chicken wing with sesame and honey barbecue sauce


Mini Buddha jumped over the wall with abalone
 wok fried scallop and asparagus with macadamia nuts in XO sauce
steamed red grouper in superior soy sauce

 braised abalone and sea cucumber with broccoli
 in between meals, they went to all 8 tables
 roasted duck in foie gras flavour

 eight treasure fried  rice wrapped in lotus leaf
my portion

 fresh strawberry pudding with mango ice cream

there.....Molton Brown miniatures inside the bag!!!
we enjoyed ourselves tremendously!!!
Hope you enjoyed my pictures too!

No comments: