Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

English Panel Farewell for Exchange Teacher


Our English Panel held an early farewell for Brad at our room
Pn Jeya and Pn Azura prepared all this.
Plaque for him from us

 while I was shooting the plaque, my colleague's cute son was shooting me
 from the canteen: nasi himpit (pressed rice, but to me it is Lontong) and sayur lodeh (to me LONTONG!)
 from Yus, ayam rendang (chicken in coconut)  and peanut sauce for the Lontong
 served with air sirap (red rose syrup) and bananas
an english teacher and 2 department heads
 all these in honour of me?
 Then I shall help myself
 My bowl: tofu, long beans, carrots and cubed rice in yellow santan with peanut sauce and chicken rendang
 Khai gave him a school tie and a baju Melayu kerongsang of Sarawak pearls (Malay costume buttons strung together with chains and the buttons are made of pearls)
 The man responsible for getting him here, the "international counterpart" mentioned in the previous post
 I am overwhelmed by Malaysian hospitality
but let me tell you this:
American youths grapple with the same issues as Malaysian kids!
2 weeks just flew past.

No comments: