Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bak Kut Teh Dinner

On reaching Singapore, my sister took care of me very well. She sent her son-in-law to fetch us and take us out for dinner as her family car is in the workshop and she was working that night.


Hearty and delicious meaty fare for a filling dinner...ribs herbal soup, trotters in dark soy sauce and pickled vegetables.
this shop is supposed to be modelled after the Muar (Johore) Bak Kut Teh shop

Three bowls of ribs in herbal soup stock that they kept replenishing


Clay pot sizzling tauhu



Sambal Kangkong (water convoluvus)

Black pepper venison
Nice and clean interior of eatery, we chose the non smoking air conditioned area


my nieces, married and unmarried



Exterior of shop...well patronised
Good Year Seafood.
Andrew sent us to Tampines and later picked us up again for countdown at One Raffles Quay.

3 comments:

Sue Lin said...

Oh my god. Hungry la

Anonymous said...

Me too! Caroline

Loo MK said...

Come to KL, I bring you to eat Puchong Bak Kut Teh! I bought it for Uncle Richard!