Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Rolex Swiss Watch Gallery Closed Door Private Event

I did not go for Swiss Watch Gallery's pre Christmas event, so I made sure I went to their pre Chinese New Year party.

Started at 7.30, and though driving there was easy, parking was difficult as it was the CNY shopping frenzy time.

The gallery was cordoned off and decorated in the CNY mood
gigantic plum blossoms that I want to emulate for my house

there was a girl writing fortune couplets
My Chinese (POL) teacher once told me that with chinese couplets you can read them in any direction and it would still mean something!
and a calligrapher drawing/writing rabbit calligraphy for the year of the rabbit

with deft strokes he wrote my name in chinese
with some inspiring words that he had to explain to me



rabbits with whiskers are for men!

just nice for my Chinese New Year decor this year!
see my name: Lor Mei Qing..
the food was elaborate: roast beef, lamb and chicken
I had bits of all three: delicious!
at the carvery
he is doing chicken

my favourite sauces and dips: mushroom sauce, black pepper, mint and mustard
soft drinks and some sparkly


my canapes


below: savoury soup that you can drink

If you don't go for the roast meaty stuff, you can have these dainties to pop in your mouth!
at the showroom: Rolex!
people were actually shopping for Rolex for New Year

Rolex saw brisk sales during this event.


besides calligraphy, there was an er-hu demo


Parkson Pavillion's CNY window dressing

Have a fertile and productive Chinese New Year, Have a go at it like rabbits!!!

No comments: