Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Four Sisters 15 years in between

Once upon a time there were 4 sisters...
one married power,
one married money,
one married country,
one married love.....
NO LAH!!!! we are not the SOONG SISTERS!!! We married ordinary men lo.


Nguk

Jade: stunning and already going to be married at 19!!


I mean here she is at 19 or 20...the following year she married and she is now grandmother of 3..backdrop is original Kluang temple before renovation..

Keun
Celery: late bloomer.....here already a mother of two ..pls forgive my fishnets...make me look slutty, tarty...oooohhhh....I hope I don't end up in Gutter!!
Lee
Beauty: never ages.... always same lustrous locks

Fong
Phoenix: Baby of the family, 15 years younger than big sis, the cutest, prettiest, tallest and most pampered  manja pot and vain pot. Pic taken by Uncle Desmond!!!

Guess who?.......so many years and kids later (pix taken by Ellie!!!)

Ha ha ha.....here we are, we've been through thick and thin, we did not have much, but we always had each other...big Ah E always mothered us, even though she is only a year older than me!!!
We never fought, even till now, we will do anything for each other!!! Thank goodness for FB, we connect and keep in touch.


Having so many girls were a bane in those days, but it is certainly a boon to us, for we treasure each other.


Thank you, Mum and Dad for having us and bringing us up, together with our dear one and only brother right smack in between us girls!!!


Presenting Beautiful Jade, Beautiful Celery, Beauty and Beautiful Phoenix........wasn't my late dad good at giving names?
All had flown the nest, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Melbourne...except one who stayed back at Batu Pahat.






7 comments:

ryan said...

why ur name so funny- celery?

MK Loo said...

ha ha ha!!! ask your grandfather lah! he insisted it is keun chye which is chinese celery vegetable, and he even wrote it on my birth certificate to make sure I use it.
I now consider it my lucky name.

Sue Lin said...

So well written mom!

I agree with Ryan, why celery? The rest are so canggih! He never told u why? The meaning of it?

MK Loo said...

Huh? Really ah? Thanks!! Simply write one!!

The meaning is vegetable lor....it is a name for a girl, because it is listed in the Chinese book of names. I like it anyway...it has brought me luck...!!! Next time I show you my birth cert...he also taught me how to write my chinese name.

Shereen told me her mum and small ah E laughed like mad when they saw their old pictures...they hv forgotten them!!

yhin Lynn said...

very heartwarming post...the close kinship ties between you sisters is inspiring. 15 years in between is incredible, but all of you maintain so well that can't tell the age difference!

MK Loo said...

...you flatter us...soon we will be on the threshold of golden years......

Roger said...

I like the finger counting posture. Very cute! Roger