Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wine Tasting at Gardens Club

At my previous post I told you about my wine talk...so here are the pcitures and story....
The entrance of the Gardens Club...I had come here earlier for a Clarins Decollette workshop.
Door gifts: a thick recipe book that was more like a coffee table book

Cute little bottle of I P Chenet....from Cold Storage, ya, and some coupons for buying wine glasses


Table was already set, I chose this table for four

Even Jeremy the facilitator commented that the food was a bit too much for a wine tasting

As if the food at the table was not enough, there are extras here, with fried chicken


This setting is for six

A touch of local food: kuah bauhulu dipped in chocolate and Indonesian layer cake


A view of the events room at Gardens Club

Wine glasses are put on paper with the wines of the names on it.

Crackers, butter and cheese-topped bread

Two types of sausages and cheese sandwiches

I was early, even though I had shopped at Queens, Peel Road, and dropped by at Midah to shower, change and freshen up before driving to Gardens at 5

When I reached there in half an hour's time, Jeremy asked me "Traffic Jam?" Absolutely not! I breezed through Loke Yew, Hang Tuah and reached Mid Valley in no time. Parking was difficult though....took me a good few minutes, but steered clear of Gardens Premier Parking...RM5.00 and hour!!!

Nothing to do so took more pictures of food...tuna sandwiches, plain crackers, cherry tomatoes and zuchinni...
Cheese and crackers, crabsticks with more cheese

Can you believe it? These Chivas Regal buckets are for pouring away the wine. The presenter used this to spit!!!! Ewww, everytime he spat, I averted my eyes!!! Gross!

You think people are off work now to attend my course? This session is from 6 - 8 to cater to career people. Jeremy is from Singapore and he is the regional representative of Distell....."in plain words, just call me a salesman!"

This woman came with her husband, wild horses wouldn't drag my husband there

The wrong way to hold the goblet!! Must hold at the stem!!

The wines that we tasted was from Nederburg, South Africa....
1. Nederburg foundation Lyrics 2009,
2. Nederburg Manor House Sauv Blanc 2009,
3. Nederburg WM Reserve Cab Shiraz 2008
4. Nederburg WM Reserve Pinotage* 2007
5. NederburgManor House Cab Sauv 2007
6. Nederburg Manor House Shiraz 2007
7.Nederburg Fifa World Cup "Limited Edition" Sauvignon Blanc 2009
8. Nederburg FIFA World Cup "Limited Edition" Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
9.Obikwa Chenin Blanc 2009 and
10. Obikwa Cabernet Sauvignon 2009.
The FIFA World Cup wines will be launched soon, when the World Cup is going to be held in South Africa.
Jeremy liked this Manor House Shiraz (red wine) most of all.
*Pinotage is a graft of Pinot Noir and Hermetage....see, now I know quite a bit about wines!!!
The washrooms here are native inspired, woody and natural.


After all that wine tasting, a visit here is a must!!! At least I did not spit.



























No comments: