Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pandemonium, then Normalcy.

Last weekend, my four sisters and their families descended on an unsuspecting me, as youngest sis, based in Melbourne, is in town......PANDEMONIUM ruled!!!! 

Look at us.... a picture of togetherness, love and closeness YOU CAN FEEL!!!! 
This is a picture of normalcy.....what it usually is...the calm before the storm! 


 The side garden being invaded by lookalikes!!!!!



As always, when relatives come together in Malaysia, the favourite pastime is eating!!! After a long drive from Singapore, and using the GPS to find my place, this dinner is the first thing that greeted them...cooked by the maid. 

Laeti is too tired to eat! 

Even though late, they just had to have a conducted tour and a spot of reflexology. 

The next morning, the luverly ladies turned the son's room into a gym 

                                              Breakie!!!! 




Primping and preening in front of "feng shui bad news" bedroom mirror!! For us, we like to defy Lillian Too.

Watching........FANN WONG's wedding. I like Fann Wong but Singaporeans adore the very ground she walks on. 

Took lots of "Four Sisters" shots in the garden.....pls see Facebook for more photos.

Not to be outdone, these girls also posed...but they have what we don't: the bloom of youth!!!

Under my weepy bush that I refuse to let them cut.... 

After taking tons of piccies under this tendrilly plant (someone tell me its name) 

it was unceremoniously chopped and lopped off!! Resistance as they say, is futile. It wept. I wept. We wept silent tears.  That's why I call it weeping bush, like weeping willow. 

In my excitement of seeing all my sisters and nieces and nephews, I slipped and fell down these stairs ( I wore the Cookie Monster slippers that I bought for the children)!!! 
 
So, Ken gallantly offered to take them out to let me stay at home to nurse my wounds. 

Pssst!!!! Note Small Ah E's Chanel Watch! 

Can you spot the very same watch here?   Ha ha ha!!!  Kebetulan! 

Petaling Street still has all the sights and sounds but not as sightly or sound as the PS of old. 

Spanking new decor of some new joint in Petaling Street (I would rather go for old rickety shops!) 

No matter, this eatery though new and refurbished, has been featured in newspapers 

Wah...look what I (and you)  missed!  

So yummy!!!!  (Dunno what is what..I didn't go mah)

Look! There's Andy Lau and Carol Chu trying to go incognito!!!! 

The they went to the Nyonya Place at the Gardens to meet up with Small Ah E's friend. 
 The marketing that Irene did at Cold Storage

She did the cooking ably and fantastically! 

Her brother chipped in 

What they concocted.... 

Beautiful presentation with a bonus: they tasted good too!!! 

I did not cook, but I made a grand entrance!!! 

 
 Sue was able to join us...I cannot believe our  side of the family is so big

Best 3 rd October 2009 Mid Autmnn Festival dinner with family and friends 

Enjoyed flower tea that was also visually pleasing, esp when the dried leaves burst into a flower! 

Jennifer's three girls brought some of their  own lanterns


 

The Three Ts........Terri, Tebbi and Talisha 

Our cousin the SIA airhostess once upon a time 

 


Silver haired daddy of mine was excitedly getting lanterns ready for the kids...he had emailed 6B Community to rally at the Linear park for a procession 
Ryan leading the procession...... 

The three Ts.....and below the two Hos... 

The younger kids were exhausted (Ryzie booked the top bunk) while the older ones went prawning

Next morning FOOD AGAIN!!! Puchong roadside street hawkers and restaurant 

Another big crowd with El joining us too! 



This is what the dining room looked like before (top) and after (bottom) 

Ryan Ryzie gives the cushion a final hug before he leaves!!!! 

This is what the sitting room looked like before(top) and after (bottom) they have left. 

 

Bye...bye....look at their sad faces....even  kitty is sad too.........Like Big Ah E said, we should do this more often!!!

No comments: