Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

My yoga (Myoga) Experience



Had a voucher to try out the facilities at mYoga located at the Gardens, fourth floor.  Even though my bruise from my recent fall was not healed yet, Joanne booked a slot for me this afternoon.  I always choose Friday afternoons because school is off early for Friday prayers and I just zip from school to the Gardens. ( I had postponed this trip so many times during the holidays...lazy to drive from home) 





I got these promotional pictures from their website...the entrance is always wide open and look very welcoming 



Inside it is incredibly big with lots of studios and a lounge like the above (for kids and spouses who are waiting for their mums/wives) 



Tastefully designed interior...but the whole place was too dark for me, I felt I could walk smack into one of those studio glass walls 

My camera could not take such a beautiful picture as this....this is the glass wall that I told you about, I thought the brown stuff was bead curtains or something and I wanted to walk right through the glass walls!! 


They have a lot of studios...for zumba, pilates, combat dance, etc, etc...better than Fitness Centre..from the entrance you would not think that it is so spacious inside.. 



thick and heavy scrapbook that I leafed through while waiting for the Club Sales Manager to attend to me ..it contained press clippings about mYoga ( a lot!)



More scrap books detailing the facilities they have. 



From here on are pictures taken by my handphone camera....note the stacks of towels they give generously to members 



Yoga made to look glamourous and exciting....the class I attended was soothing, relaxing and guess what? I fell asleep because she put me on my side (painful buttock bruise so I could not do hanging) gave me a thick bolster and blankets to put between my thighs!!!! a brick (!) to prop my butt up, towels (the ones above) to cover me up, darkened room, soothing music...so, I fell asleep lor!!!  The others had to do difficult stuff like hanging upside down from the bolster (try to imagine).


After the soothing relaxation class (conentrate and enjoy..enjoy? your breathing) I had to go for Pilates...........it was so boring!!!! (but those pelvic thrusts were exciting, though I could not achieve anything....tummy got in the way!).  The rest were so so so slow and boring, I excused myself to go home!! Returned my towels to this guy. 



Another view of the counter as I prepared to leave 


the facade of mYoga as I walked away...bye bye....I will not be joining this club as it is too boring and slow for me!!!

No comments: