Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Place Your Order for Venison this Raya

I looked at the deer. 
The deer looked at me.
I shot it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I shot the deer head.
With my camera.
The sign says,
Orders accepted for deer meat

 for Hari Raya.
Book yours now.

Little boy cousin face to face
 with the head of truth.

We were at the bazaar in Kuantan ages ago

 and the children saw this hapless deer head,
 quite decapitated,
 at the market on display. 
It was to draw people to the deer meat 
for sale and for order.
There, among the songkok,

 kain pelikat,
 and scarves 
was the deer head 
and cling-wrapped deer meat.
 (daging rusa).

The children meaning, 
Rene, Van, and Su and Su's friend's cousin!!!
They are so taken  in by the deer head, 

Van is leaning in for a closer look,
 and Su is scratching her nape!!!

No comments: