Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Russel Lee (Singapore Ghost Stories) Book Signing

Unwittingly attended Russell Lee's Book Signing at the book Fest today! (27 August 2011)

I was sitting in front of this stage (the only place in the whole book fair that had seats) waiting for my daughter to choose her books

And I saw this on the screen...
I am not exactly a RL fan, nor do I follow all his books

A queue started to form when he appeared for the signing

Right on the dot he appears, all garbed in black from top to toe, as usual

To add to his mysterious persona, even his face was covered in a black mask and he had a black hat....my daughter's camera shake made him look even more eerie and scary!!!!!
He said: "Show my face?
Never!!!
 Let's just say, I am not Chinese,
 or Eurasian, or Indian,
 but  SINGAPOREAN!!!!"



Actually, I was first in queue because, as I told you, I happened to be there, at the right time! But I asked this boy to go first, as I did not want to be the first, ha ha ha!

These are all his fans!



My turn!!!
 I feel like a hypocrite, because I am not a fan..
.

Mandatory pose for the camera

My daughter said: :You got to high five him!"

When we left (I had an appointment with Marie France) we saw this queue..

Which stretched to here, no wonder he said he loved Malaysia, because he has quite a following here
Images of the people queuing up

The latest book that I bought for the signing (his sales were certainly boosted that day) and his poster

personalised with my name: but I stuffed it it the plastic bag and it got smudged!
His signature inside my book!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

lol! remember reading these books