Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

RM2 Lunch


In these days of over inflated prices of goods and foods, ridiculously tagged services and gross inbalance of the have and have-nots, finding a place that serves you lunch for RM2 is like joining the soup line! (no offence meant, but it was like almost FREE!)
So, I must share this rare find with you: it is right here in my Taman, next to where I used to bring my late father in law for his weekly hair cut and next to my favourite tyre shop.


The exterior of the shop: ample parking outside, I leave my bags except my lap top in my car and I take a seat facing my car to keep an eye on would-be window smashers.


Very good lunch time crowd, people from all walks of life come here for the vegetarian food

My first day: 3 vegies and 1 rice for RM2

Served on waxed paper and basket, with free water

hahahah!!!!!!! I was hungry, OK?
For 2 ringgit it seems like a mortal sin and a heinous crime to waste even 1 grain of rice

My second day


My third day,Curry mee, also 2 ringgit


sinfully oily curry mee topped with okra, long beans, and brinjals

3 o clock in the afternoon, no more lunch crowd

Decor reminiscent of an old kopi-tiam

Clear laminated pics to tell what goes where (idiot-proof!)

Self service, put back everything in its place!
RM 2......TWO RINGGIT ONLY!!!!


4 comments:

Sue Lin said...

Mommy! Ely and Laeti miss the food! Me tooo. Ely thinks u are exaggerating! Hahah cuz its so cheap!

She still cant believe it!

MK Loo said...

it's true.....it's on the signboard, and also on the wall, I purposely drink the free water so I that I can pay exactly RM2!

Sue Lin said...

Laeti asked me to explain exaggerating

MK Loo said...

Exaggerate means to say more than what it really is