Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Hakka Yuen Restaurant....Thunder Tea


Friday, 21 October 2011, after school,
we came here for Hakka Lunch!


Situated in Cheras, Yu Lek Garden
Jalan Kaskas.

You cannot miss this shop!!!

Hakka.......my heritage and roots!


Loo and Teo are already placing orders.

The menu, picture shows the Tai Poo Walled Village

Interior of the shop
Here comes the first dish....
Thunder Tea!!!

Complete Set of Tunder Tea (Lui Cha)

Blended Herbs: Parsley, Mint, coriander, basil.

She always come here for her pounded tea rice

with her husband, so she performs the ritual for us

she actually had this all the time when she was young,
I have never tasted it! does that mean I am not a real Hakka?

Ready!!!
This is my second time tasting this!
(First time with bro-in-law and sis)

Loo mixes it all up.

and spoons into individual bowls

mint, coriander, basil, parsley, leek, green beans, tofu, rice, nuts...
all the things my Teochew half of me hates! (my hubby and kids!)

Beaming Teo and Me!
 We are always game for Friday lunch forays!!!

chicken infused with yellow rice wine, mushrooms, ginger and wood ear fungus.
I had this for my 3 confinements,
 and my father-in-law brews the best homemade
rice-wine!

Loo scoops up the ingredients for me to get a good shot!

omelette with "NGEI"!!!!
I have not heard of ngei since my childhood days!!!
My mom plants ngei in the garden and
always ask me to pluck a handful to make soup!
English name for ngei is "mugwort"

Most delicious hakka butter deep fried fish fillet!!

Our Hakka lunch!  Loo and me (also Loo)  are Hakka
and she brought me and Teo here for Hakka lunch.
Hakka Ho Po Pounded Tea Rice set (Thunder Tea)
Hakka Butter Crispy Milky Sauce with Fish Fillet

The other two dishes are not in the menu!
http://www.google.com.my/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=thunder+tea&rlz=1W1GGNI_en-GBMY452&pbx=1&oq=thunder+tea&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=1&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=12671591l12673708l0l12674416l11l7l0l4l4l0l273l1177l0.5.2l10l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=5f79793a176cf60e&biw=1525&bih=716

Came across this strange Hakka movie called "Waiting for Husband to be born" filmed inside the Ho Po Hakka Village:
http://filmsufi.blogspot.com/2010/09/wait-for-birth-of-husband-zheng-hua.html

2 comments:

ღ❤椰子吡吡の笔记本❤ღ said...

Delicious :) Hakka foods

MK Loo said...

Are you a Hakka, too, Sunny?
ღ❤椰子吡吡の笔记本❤