Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Don't Leave car key in ignition, not even for a second.

One evening, I was talking to my son.
me: "Ivan went back to celebrate his birthday"
son: "and then?"
me: I saw his friends wishing him happy brithday on Facebook.
son: and then?
me: he and his mum posed for photo with his cake
son: and then?
me: he posted it on Facebook
son: and then?
me: his friends said his mum is very pretty.
son: and then?
me: he went out with his Batu Pahat friends to celebrate
son: and then?
me: what is all this 'and then, and then" Is there something I ought to know?
son: and then his car got stolen.....didn't you see it on Facebook? me: ???????????????????????

This is what I did not see:
Zhi Biao Ng Happy brithday bro...people say you lost your car???is real?
March 31 at 5:05pm via iPhone
Ivan Ho yea is real.. but im all good now.. no worries bro..
March 31 at 5:32pm

·Aaron Tan man ivan bro i still dont get it. how did he just drive off your car??


Ivan had stopped at 7- 11 to pick up a drink for his friend and left the key in the ignition. Before he could even pay at the cashier, he saw someone driving off with his car. He gave chase, stopped a motorcyclist to help him, but the motor cycle was too slow!


After his holidays, Ivan came back to KL. He had to take a bus, and drive Irene's red Kancil to my house.


A few days later I saw on my sister (his mum)'s Facebook: (words are by her)



Car is found!


It is in the police station now! Police arrested 2 suspects (Chinese boys) why do they want to steal this simple old car? It is only for Ivan to get to college.
They changed the bumper to this ugly thing.
Inside was horrible! A big mess ! Things taken away: house keys, ray ban glasses, internship cert ,perfume, handphone 4 pairs of shoes
the number plate has been changed
Police called to identify the car
other stolen and recovered cars and motor bikes

police did a good job

Funny stickers like these were found everywhere in a feeble attempt to disguise the car


car was slightly damaged.

(Btw, all the things taken from the car could not be recovered, only his internship certificate was intact and returned. On that day itself, all the keys to the house and the code to the gate remote control was changed to avoid untoward burglary)





I got this from "Crime Investigation Asia":


Do not leave keys in the ignition switch. Lock all the vehicle doors and wind up all the windows. Always hold onto your handbag, do not leave it unattended at any place. Keep an eye on your belongings at all times.

2 comments:

Sue Lin said...

The bumper is soooo ugly!

In Malaysia how cannnn you everrrr leave keys in ignition??? I NEVER do that in KL

At least he got the car back and his internship cert! =)

Sue Lin said...

My friend's Kembara got stolen and was never recovered