Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Gestures that touch your Heart

The most delicious mooncake I have tasted this year is durian ice-cream mooncake from Singapore. Not just because they were creamy, yummy with real to-die-for durian taste....but because of the touching story behind the purchase of the mooncakes.

My brother-in-law tasted the mooncakes earlier and since my sister was coming to visit me, he had to get it for me.

When he got to the store, it was all sold out. "You have to wait for delivery of the next batch"

Which was what he did!!! He waited! Very patiently! He waited so long the shop assistant was so touched she even gave him her own store of mooncakes since there was only one flavour left and she said those were the most "kan tong" mooncakes she had ever despatched.

Aren't you touched? I am. Thank you, Uncle Roger, it's geatures like this that overwhelms the heart.......



The beautiful packaging that insulates and keeps the ice cream from melting
Charcoal ping pei!
White snow skin, each mooncake is packed in its own styrofoam box!!

Both Small Ah E and I (with Ryan) enjoyed it very much, because we love durians!!!

2 comments:

yhin Lynn said...

aiyoh, now we know...next time just buy durians and bring over

MK Loo said...

no, no, no....durian ice cream mooncakes are different!!!!