Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wen Chean's blog on her birthday started my blog...

After visiting Jonathan's blog which had a big dedication to Wen Chean's birthday, I cannot believe that it is one year already.....one year ago, ie, I chanced upon WC's blog and was very taken in by the piece that featured her 19th birthday and the presents she got. (Actually I stumbled upon Isaac Tay's and Chai Boon Kheng's blogs first when Mr Wong told us to visit MBS website..I typed something wrong, and these two's blog appeared!) I envied that these teens had such eventful and interesting lives (from her blog I also clicked on others as my daughter taught me to do)...all the students had lots to blog about and led very happening lives!!!! We did not have such a thing as a blog in those days, and it seemed so fun, all this social networking stuff,oh, what we missed when we were young. So, I started a blog of my own, and went out to events and dinners so that I could come back and shoot off an entry! If Lau Cha Bor could do it so could I.

Hannah told me about Kenny Sia, and for a while I followed his blog. I got a few tips from him: never blog about your family, husband, boss, colleagues and other close family members or friends!!! which was very,very difficult as my life revolves inevitably around my husband, children, work and colleagues!!!!! so sometimes, as I said before, I let slip!

Then, as someone said, blogging is narcissistic, voyeuristic and I couldn't agree more. Like Xia Xue and Dawn Yang, I sometimes feel like putting up endless pictures of myself (narcissistic streak) but then, these two are young, pretty and slim albeit borlerline slutty and vainglorious. (Grrr, can't stand XX's platinum blonde hair, inch thick eyelashes and micro minis on short stumpy legs!!! or DY's impossible big eyes and poses that I can never imitate no matter how much I practise!!) Moreover I do not mind pple reading about my exploits (I support voyeurism)...as if anyone would want to read about an old has-been's wine dinners, or would they?????

Anyway, life is too short to agonise over trivial matters, and if I were to drop dead tomorrow like MJ and Yasmin (who are both younger than me!!!) at least I leave something in blogosphere for my loved ones and students (must try to make sure there's nothing controversial or objectionable in my pictures and writing)...and I've been told that what is posted in cyberspace, stays!!!

Happy birthday Wen Chean!
..
.
.
.
.

6 comments:

Chean said...

Wah, so happy to see my name in your blog. Hehehe. Thanks teacher! :D

Time really flies!

MK Loo said...

ha ha really ah?...funny, I also get that feeling when I see my name in other pple's blog!!!

Jonathan said...

Haha! Teacher! My name appeared TWICE in your blog! Haha

MK Loo said...

There are so many Jonathans and at least one more Jonathan Lee (5k 2003)..how u know it is u? U so perasaan.......ha ha ha!...( where got twice?)

Jonathan said...

The food which happened the first moment you blogged about food. And now this. Hahaha See twice! :D

MK Loo said...

u are funny, Jonathan...I had to go back to the food blog to see where I had mentioned your name....to think that you still remember!!! hehe