Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

Meeting the 8th reincarnation of Rinpoche



After volunteering at ULC I was in the Bukit Bintang area so I went to Ritz Carlton to attend a luncheon meeting .


I was interested to meet the "8th reincarnation of Khangser Rinpoche"!!!


My second time here, the previous one had a local prince as a speaker.
Wow! I was so excited to get a selfie with Rinpoche I did not manage to get his whole face!
When asked what it entails to be the 8th reincarntion, his reply was: "Its just lottery"


His assistant .
His full name ! He has in an impressive resume too! But his talk was succinct and short, he's so unpretentious and down to earth, and I think he does not want to overwhelm listeners with his lengthy projects. In fact I saw him enjoying his dessert and was afraid he did not get to finish it, but no matter, his achievements were so long as the introducer read it, he got to polish plate. In fact, he said in his speech, that the food was good!


I too, enjoyed my lunch!! See the menu below:

I grabbed 2 buns for my soup!
Opted for the pan fried red snapper.
My dessert!
He admired his certificate, surely he had so many!
Thank you for the invitation!






You can read his full list of his wonderful work here:
http://nibs.com.np/khangser-tulku-rinpoche/

The highly venerated Tenzin Tsultrim Palden also known as Khangser Rinpoche (which means yellow house) was born in 1975.
 In 1980, he was recognized as the 8th reincarnation of Khangser Rinpoche.
 It is known that the 7th incarnation of Khangser Rinpoche was one of the three highly respected lamas who were responsible for locating the 14th reincarnation of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
 In 1992, Khangser Rinpoche obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Buddhist philosophy upon completing Pharchin Ramjampa from the Institute of Buddhist Dialectics.
 The institute is nestled in the Himalayan mountain range, in the same region where His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama now resides, the state of Himachal Pradesh, North India.
 In 1998, Rinpoche obtained a Master’s Degree in Buddhist philosophy upon completing Lobpon from Sera Jey Monastic University in South India.
 In 2000, Rinpoche was invited as a visiting Professor at Tribhuwan University in Kathmandu, Nepal. In 2002, Rinpoche obtained a Geshe Lharam Degree (equivalent to a Ph.D) in Buddhism and was conferred the highest dignification amongst the top division. In the same year, Rinpoche composed a text entitled “Commentary on Abhidharma” which is over three hundred pages in length


No comments: