Pages

Monday, March 12, 2018

WOWWomen












Went to the "wow women fiesta" organised by the Star in conjunction with international women’s day and met my IWA friend Mabel Hui there! 




I had registered for this workshop so I could see Aireen Omar in person.

Main reason for the visit was also  to hear the others talk... well, Aireen Omar wasn’t able to come and was represented by Yap Mun Ching, Air Asia Foundation executive director who shared her working experience as a woman in the aviation industry. 


Ms. Yap wrapping up her  talk 

It was held at MBO big screen


The other speakers were Joyce Chuah, a financial planner, Dahlia Nadhirah founder of So Lek cosmetics Jenn Low of Wanderlust + Co and Tunku Mina Riza director of Redha. 






Tunku Mona.. took this pic from her ig





Dahlia’s brother sat next to me and gave great moral support to her!

So did  Dahlia’s husband who took the first question during the q and a session! I did not know of So Lek cosmetics or Dahlia, or even Jenn, or Tunku MonaRiza and her movie Redha, but now I do.


Joyce Chuah’s segment 



Jenn Low: success at only 33 years old!! 



Missed Rubin’s slot because I was famished and went to visit the stalls at the fiesta hoping for some free sampling of food!!! 

Well, I was glad I dragged myself out of bed to attend these talks because I get to meet and hear the success stories of  accomplished people, just like in 2001 when I attended Yasmin's talk before she became so famous re: her Petronas ads, and before she died so prematurely. 



No comments: