Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sake seminar


Fruitful ways to spend my Sundays with enrichment classes : this free session in how to discover ways to enjoy sake. 


Coincidentally last Thursday during Rotary weekly meeting Kojima our fellow Rotarian whom we visited in Fujisawa mentions that he drank all wines, especially sake and that’s why he’s 80 but hale and healthy! 

He squeezed in a visit before flying off that night and he certainly looked energetic for an 80 year old, hope I can emulate him!!! 


The sake fair was delivered by Amy Tan, of Entwine Consultancy and she is a certified sake sommelier with the Sake Sommelier Academy UK. Of  course one hour of talk does not make me a sake know it all but it did let me scratch the surface.  

After the talk in English , this girl gave a translation in mandarin 

Well I couldn’t resist taking pics with the wines and Amy herself said we can’t drink as much sake as in Japan because they are pricey here. 

If you like my blouse, it’s only rm19.90 from Sungei Wang when hubby brought me there to pay for our Balkan Trip in Bukit Bintang. 

Love the giant cooler box!! 

You can actually pour sake out from this tub.

I need to tell you about all the types of sake: premium sake is Tokutei Meisho-shu, table sake is futsushu and the rest are junmai daiginjo, junmai ginjo, junmai, honjozo, with 50 to 70% alcohol.  Sake is made from sake rice called sakamai and the more the rice is polished, the cleaner and more precise the sake. There! At least I have some knowledge of sake besides tasting and drinking it! 

This is my cute door gift, a nifty sake box in lacquer and a canned. Sake for me enjoy slowly at home. 

There was also a matcha making session and I tried all the green tea, I like the cold green tea but it was pricey!!! 

No comments: