Pages

Monday, May 21, 2018

Eng Hin Kompia factory in Yong Peng

Actually we stumbled upon Eng Hin by chance as our car was parked right in front of it!


Look! It’s got the buns that I love to eat!


I saw this woman buying the hock  chew Mee my Yong Peng friend Tay Pik Hoon used to tell me about. 



Close up of the hock chew Mee... brings back memories of my form 6 days with Pik Hoon !

Eng Hin biscuits packed and ready for sale. Actually they are called Kompia ... Foochow food - great for breakfast or tea!



But I went next door where the ‘factory’ is and picked up theses freshly baked, hot off the oven Kompia to buy!! Only 90 sen each whether with filling or plain !

Auntie is busy kneading dough and forming the bread, some topped with sesame seeds, some plain, some with dedicated coconut filling.

Worker puts completed buns into oven. Below are more pictures showing the various processes...









So, we bought our Kompia ready for our hotel stay at the Hilton Johor Baru. 

No comments: