Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2018

GE14 or The Grand 14th Election of 2018


This post may be a bit late but it’s a momentous one nonetheless so I need to record it for posterity ..it's our great life changing election or GE14...because our lives as Malaysian would be different from now on! 

First ..I managed to capture some banners while hubby drives ..in our area in Puchong

This is a new flag hitherto unseen and it replaces the now defunct Rocket (DAP) and is known as PKR or Parti Keadilan Rakyat or Pakatan Harapan (union of hope) 

The familiar PAS (Pakatan Islam or something like that) flag is still going strong, it won in its old states.



The  BN (Barisan Nasional) logo flags will now be history. 


So on the afternoon of 9 May 2018. (We went in the afternoon to let the queue abate) and saw there were many cars still parked at the school. 


This is only my 2nd time voting !!! The first time was before I got married ... then for 30 years I did not vote even though my ic showed Taman Midah yet  my Centre was still in Batu Pahat ! Then when I changed my identity card  to the newest one with Bandar Kinrara as the address suddenly,  my voting Centre became updated to  Taman Midah !!! Omg so much for efficiency in the Malaysian system but at least, it was in KL. 

Saw these 2 girls coming out comparing fingers!! We have to dip our finger in a pot of indelible ink to vote..

So we cast our ballot! 


We put our inked fingers against the badge of the school of our Centre ... just like we saw others doing on social media! Hehe 



Then we went for some food☕️and drink...long queues everywhere as it was a public holiday !!


No comments: