Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Han Woo Ri Korean BBQ Restaurant One Ampang Avenue, Ampang, Selangor 9 November 2011

Han Woo Ri

We had our annual dinner here...
Our line dance group: Janet, Mrs Choi, Kelly,Chui Ling, N. Siew Poh, and Shirley.
This is my first time having Korean Food!!
 the menu
 cover of menu....this is the Ampang branch
 We did not have bi bim bap...but we had plain white rice..@RM5 each!
 I learnt that the many (and I mean MANY!!) side dishes
are called bachan and I had not seen so many side dishes before!
 bachan are refillable
 2 sets of everything!

 Lettuce for you to wrap the barbecued meat in
(seasoned with the many sauces given and sliced garlic)
Now the table is quite filled with plates and glasses and food!


 our first order: BBQ marinated p....k
 on the grill...the waiters do everything for you
 kim chi paste rice flour noodle
 spicy, tasty, but rice noodle was a tad chewy and hard
with the familiar taste of Kim chi paste
 special glass noodle
 next order of meat: marinated chicken
 they change the grill plate, charcoal and flip the meat
for you, they also cut it up into serving sizes for you
Note the chimney-like contraption that sucks out the
smoke for you, no smoke-filled clothes/hair aftermath
 pancake
 tasted nice, floury, savoury and quite delicious
 Happy, satisfied faces, look at all those side dishes!


 Kelly, as usual brought her bottle of liquor and I 
was turning all red, even with my much diluted
 Martell cognac. I do not  hold VSOP well.
 final dish: kim chi soup: it had tofu, peices of meat 
and lots of kimchi cabbage AND kim chi paste
 wow!!!! pity the dishwasher


 er...cheers? 
Can I forgo my drink?
 I have to drive back to 
Kinrara from Cheras alone!
BTW, they finished the whole bottle!
I enjoyed my Korean dinner: quite an experience for me!!
 finally: a Group Shot. 
Oh, and I made it back home in one piece.


Han Woo Ri Korean BBQ Restaurant
C6-1, C7-1, Jalan Ampang Utama 1/1
One Ampang Avenue
68000 Ampang, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-4253 1308


Han Woo Ri branch in USJ (Taipan)
1D & 2D, Jalan USJ 10/1J
47620 UEP, Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: 03-8023 3357


Menu: Banchan, Chicken BBQ, Marinated Pork BBQ, Kimchi pancake, Glass Noodle, Spicy Rice Noodle, KimChi Soup, Free watermelon, plain water, Martell Cognac from Kelly.

No comments: