Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Dainti Hill, Pavilion and Oriental Health Recovery Center

Since the holidays have started, I have the time to go to Pavilion again to use up all the vouchers before they expire.First I went for a massage at Oriental Health Recovery Center
this thai Malaysian boy spoke a smattering of English that is hard to understand and he ended up being my masseuse



He did quite a good job and I am now quite used to having men as my reflexologists....


Next, I wanted to use all my Dainti Hill vouchers....the last time I tried to use my Wong Kok one, I was told it was not applicable on Sundays, so I gave it to Kenneth. Dainti Hill is good: not only could I utilise it for a Sunday, I could even use all three at once!! RM30 worth!!!



Nice interior decor..supposed to be of the Tang Dynasty..."New Tang Dynasty gourmet"...My drink came very fast..before I could change my mind to another drink:this is Calamansi Fragrant Iced Tea at RM12..rather pricey....My meal should come to R30 with main dish of RM16....very expensive!

I ordered this beef noodle dish and it came with a side dish of kim chi and a piece of seaweed dunked unceremoniously in the soup..mee was springy (good) but the beef!!! like leather!


After I was done...this is what it looks like: a mountain of beef left untouched because they were hard, tasteless and unchewable......! Don't order this...at RM16 it tasted like Japanese miso soup



My bill came to RM33, with RM2.00 for the above wet tissues!!!! Still, my lunch costs RM3 only
At the back of the receipt: 15 per cent off for next visit!! Marketing ploy?

Lastly, I went to Memory Lane and bought a gift box with my RM5 voucher. Quite a fruitful day but my parking was RM9!!!!! BTW my little daughter refused to tag along, she cannot stand waiting for me to do my spa stuff!!!! (I got all these vouchers from the first day the mega sale started, after the liuli fountain came up.  A lot of them have expired and some I had given away).
>..<  

-..-

No comments: