Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Breaking Fast with Colleagues

Huh? No, I did not fast, but I "broke" fast with my colleagues at Ancasa Hotel in Petaling Street, formerly known as Impiana Hotel (Ancasa not Petaling Street)


Our breaking fast buffet was at Saffron Brasserie, but this picture belies the true situation
Lobby looks breathtaking in its website picture
In actual fact it was so crowded! the buka puasa crowd!
Earlier, the IT teachers had a seminar here...followed by the buka puasa buffet dinner
While walking there, I saw people with their food in front of them but waiting for the signal to break fast to start eating
Cigku Firdaus and Zukhairi comparing photos...they had already broken (fast)


Only after the HM left did we loosen up and started camwhoring!!!!
Cik Ros, Cik Nor and Cik Roz...! and me
Cik Kee (the organiser of this buka puasa thing) Nadia, Pn M's youngest and Kee's boyfriend
let's go around to see what they have: kuih apam balik: a roadside favourite

my favourite: all sorts of ulam with pucuk paku (ferns), kerabu taugeh and three types of dips: fermented tauhu, cincaluk and another that I forgot the name.
DIY mee soto and mee kari
DIY rojak sayur
4 types of bubur
the usual desserts
choc fountain (so ubiquituos now) and jars of traditional Raya kuih, I saw "batang buruk" that I first learnt of at Parit Sulung, but I was too lazy to open all the jars.
Pn K with her children.

Pn M the boss of IT with her family
going back we saw this "Pengemis Kelas Atasan" an able bodied beggar that looked suspiciously like one of our teruna (young male unmarried, eligible bachelor) teachers.
ha ha ha he is En Firdaus! They are all waiting at the gate off Horley Link for Pn Munni to open it.  Only she has the key, all of us has the smart card which isn't so smart after all!!!


No comments: