Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Mould!!! Fungus! Mushroom? Spores?

Can you ever imagine what this is?

Looks like a science experiment like what my youngest daughter will do for her school  project.
Mould!!!
Moss!
Wet culture of entire species of floating fungi!
 Colourful, wonderful specimen of sporific mushroomic splendour that my camera could not capture or do justice even though I put it at macro!!
Can you ever imagine where it grows???
At the bottom of my fridge!!! Has the spores floated upwards and contaminated the entire contents of the refrigerator? (whatever is left of the aftermath of THE funeral?)
Under the fruits compartment! Normally the fridge would not be so empty but we are in the process of downsizing and relocating.
Imagine my shock when I pulled out the drawer to get some fruits!!
I don't know what possessed me to pull out the entire drawer! Normally, I do not do such a thing! The other compartment is also wet with collected drips but mould hasn't grown yet.

Naturally, the culture of mould that threatened to sprout into entire new breeds of mushrooms put me off the fruits!!!

1 comment:

Sue Lin said...

Its so sad to think of Tmn Midah become abandoned =( I'll be home soon... but then i'll be gone again =( Damn attached to that house la