Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Royal SELANGOR Club meeting 23/8/18

My speaker’s club friend Ann invited us to her club’s meeting and there was a speaker on DNA typing plus it was held in Royal Selangor Club so I made it a point to attend. 

Sounds intriguing ...and hey! I made some notes ..so here goes: with DNA technology  (mapmygenome) which costs rm2,800 but there’s a promotional price of rn2350 for members, you can test for mutant genes, correct them and modify them to achieve a long life maybe 105?  You can also identify genes that make you excel in sports or whatever field you are destined for, work with experts to develop those genes (e.g sports officials dietitians etc) and you can even eliminate unwanted genes so as not to pass them to your offsprings or something like that ... hmmmm... wonder what religious bodies have to say from  the moral point of view . 


This is the facade of RSC



I can’t get enough of the old world decor: all wood and carpeting , chandeliers and relics of photos depicting an era of time  gone by. 

They start sharp at 6, and this sign showed that meeting already started!! Ann told me they end at 7! 

My friend Ann a past president ..I was in time for the dna talk though!! And the dinner. 


Going past the car park I couldn’t resist admiring this beaut.. and its special number plate! 

No comments: