Pages

Monday, July 2, 2018

The Definitive Rat Pack show

Anjali remembered that I wanted to go for this show so when Lynne had “plus one” tickets I was asked to accompany her. 


The show is by the British Theatre Pkayhouaw MALAYSIA . 



Me and Lynne The President of IWAKL taking selfie at the giant poster backdrop...she said we have to take photo as I’m the selfie queen. 



Met Aileen there too.

Aileen and Lynne with other guests... at Hilton grand ballroom for the Pre show cocktail, by invitation only.



Nell, the person who contacted me about the show on IWAKL FB.

Me getting ready for the show.

“Dean Martin”, “Frank Sinatra” and “Samuel Davis Jr”...(the depiction of the original rat pack)

So.... this is the background info of the Rat Pack and the songs they are famous for: Songs include the ever -popular I’ve Got You under My Skin, Fly Me to the Moon, Come Fly with Me, Sway,That’s Amore, King of the Road, Ain’t That a Kick in the Head, Mr Bojangles, Something’s Gotta Give, What Kind of a Fool Am I, The Lady is a Tramp, Mack the Knife, My Way, New York, New York and many more


The stage tonight...show started at 9, instead of stipulated time of 8.30 and I left at interval because I did not want to drive back alone too late. 

Lucky  viewers who bought the dinner show having sumptuous food.


Lynne the president busy networking she did not have time to partake of the cocktail buffet. 
Verdict of show: good rendition of the original songs and I am happy (or sad?) to say that I am old enough to enjoy and identify the oldies like Sway, Mr Bojangles, king of the road etc. Good trip down memory lane. 

No comments: