Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Answer to Who Am I, What am I doing?

What is he doing donning a H1N1 mask and welding goggles? The answer: he saws. planes, smoothens and fashions peices of wood to make a pergola in the garden. He can hire people to do it, but he prefers to do it himself, because it is his hobby!



here...........he is planing and smoothening pieces of wood and he  has to cover his nose because of the fine saw dust and he needs to shield his eyes too



 funny man...spends all his public holidays working on his pet project: an orchid shed with a seating area and mini outdoor bar



 he wants you to note the curving pattern that he has drawn and sawn through

 
it is no easy task, slivering through a huge chunk of solid wood
 
 
done! perfect and beautiful!

 
While I was out flitting about like a social butterfly attending all my events or indulging in retail therapy, he is here indulging in a different therapeutic activity. On Awal Muharram holiday, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, every Sunday.....he is here!


Psst! look at his annoyed face....he is saying, quick, take my picture....it is getting dark and I have no more time to varnish and finish my work!  Me: Bye bye, I am off to my High School Reunion at Cititel!!



1 comment: