Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Must always complain!

A conpany J was always sending me back my cheques on the slightest of excuse: no Sdn Bhd, no (M), wrong ringgit, no "sen" etc....until I got so fed up I wrote a nice letter to complain...if I, an educated woman cannot write a cheque properly, what about those who have only Chinese education (like my Dad, I always had to write for him when I was young). 

In reply, I got RM50 worth of J vouchers!

Then in December 2009 I bought a magazine from P Book Store, S.way, and it said :"collect gift from counter" and the girl gave me a sachet of a powdered drink.

Actually it should be a booklet of discount for Christmas goodies.  I saw it when I passed by other book stores. but by then it was late December, all the freebies were gone!

So I wrote a letter of complaint, and I receive a call from the supervisor apologising and asking me to stop by his office....and he gave me this:

2 ring notebooks, 2 plain white Be Popular jotters and a mug.

I followed the advice of this book: (how to be nice when compalining)

this is a very good book, and it is very old, I read about it in Reader's Digest when I was very young, but I only got to buy this book recently at Xin Phou Moon charity store.  If I had read it earlier, it would have helped me deal with a lot of situations and people (especially when I was an afternoon supervisor at my previous school). I also followed the niceties in whining, and I got a free stay at the east coast.(from a now defunct  magazine)

This is the lovely discount booklet that they removed, I only knew about it when someone else blogged about the goodies that she got from it. (actually it is a blessing in disguise, I did not utilise the booklet at all so my room has less clutter of cosmetics and beauty products and some stuff that I never even open, let alone use!)

3 comments:

Sue Lin said...

I want the notebooks!!!

MK Loo said...

ha ha..ok, I'll bring them back for you tomorrow...

Sue Lin said...

Thx!