Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Kway Teow Ladna

Everytime I go to my apartment I never fail to patronise the Malay stalls near Esso in front of the schools. The dish I always call is Kway Teow Ladna the Malay version of Cantonese Fried or Kung Fu Chow:


So delicious! Piping hot! I slurp all the soup, crunch all the vegeables and then I do justice to the kway teow.  Very cheap too..only a few ringgit, 4, I think, always pay blindly...whatever they ask I pay. Together with a drink, usually teh tarik (never ever order kopi-o, kopi-o is only kopi-o at the chinese kopitiam) the whole meal costs under 5 ringgit!


The simple, typical Malay stalls that you find everywhere in KL.
Kway Teow Ladna was introduced to me by my old headmistress when we went on one of those trips to Trengganu. Pn N organised a LOT of free trips for us back then!

This is the roadside stalls , where I go to pick up my daughter from her school sometimes.  Round the corner is Uncle something or other, a busy Chinese food court of stalls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so good, here at least 7 dollars

MK Loo said...

but the portion there is huge!!!Here just nice for me.