Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Don't use China Hotel Shoe Shine

My hardly used pair of Leuvre boots from Parkson Pavillion
is ruined! After using them for my Hong Kong and
China trip, I packed them away after cleaning them.
For my last line dance party I took them out, and horror of horrors!!!
wore these boots in Swatow


they were completely ruined! Marked with ugly white patches where the
shoe shine had been used! On closer scrutiny, the white patches are not surface mould
that you can remove with a damp cloth, but PATCHES THAT ATE INTO THE LEATHER!!!
 I used this free shoe shine from a 5 star hotel in China: Daysun Ritz Hotel in Guangzhou, China

 When you open the box, it has a conveniently packed sponge with shoe shine liquid which you just rub over your boots. It also has a mitt to give your shoes the once over.
 But the shoe shine has chemicals that ate into the "leather" (mine is not pure leather) at the creases of my boots.  some flakes has even dropped off, leaving gaping holes.
I cannot even used black polish to salvage my boots because of these holes!!! Note, the heel and sole is still in perfect condition, because I use these boots only for overseas trip, Malaysia being too hot for these (except line dance boot stomping parties).  So I shall give them to the 5 foot way pavement cobbler, maybe he has a use for them.  Otherwise they are destined for the big rubbish bin.

VERDICT: DON"T USE MADE-IN-CHINA GOODS : FREE OR OTHERWISE!!!

2 comments:

Sue Lin said...

Oh my god!!! Buy u leather conditioner when u come to Melb!

MK Loo said...

Thanks... So sayang... I have to throw it away!!! Used it only once in guangzhou