Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Feeding the Cockatoos at Grants Picnic Grounds, Mt Dandenong

At Mount Dandenong, you can feed the birds at Grants Picnic Grounds

 Looks so fun and educational, even kids can do it
 Look!!! a bird on top of my head!!! Make sure you got that on camera!
 They give you lots of info and instructions
Even teaches you how to handle them

This is my picture on Facebook, I look happy and the birds
look resplendent feeding happily too, off my feeding bowls!
 This is how I actually felt!!! 
Sharp claws and talons were digging into my arms, my shoulders and there were so many of them, flapping and balancing and feeding...all I wanted to do was to throw off all the plates so the damn birds could get OFF me!!!
I finally managed  to put down the plates, but they rested on my back too! So painful!
 This is how Caroline felt too!!! The two birds dug their claws onto here shoulder, hard, because they needed to balance themselves and feed on the seeds. I had passed the two plates to her!!
 Poor Ellie! One of them landed on her back!!! Clever Jenn had already run out of the pen.
 Caroline still managed to grin and bear it for the camera!
 See? How beautifully she can smile?
 My daughter showed how the claws dug into her skin
The birds are very territorial, while feeding, they do not allow the other birds to share, and it could only look on
Once, it tried to feed to, but it got pecked and was fought off!
Can you see the two birds fighting?
 Do you like their hairstyles???

No comments: