Pages

Monday, June 4, 2018

Wantan Mee man after 20 years

My son has grown, left Taman Midah, gotten married but this wantan Mee man is still there in Taman Midah and he remembers me 


He doesn’t seem to age!!! When he saw me he said “ you??” Hahahaha ! He remembers me buying wantan Mee from him in the morning for my son before I send him off  to the afternoon session school. 

This is his  wantan Mee stall at Loong Yee in Taman Midah. It is not often that I can catch him because oft times a foreign worker is manning it. Don’t you just wish the original “chef” is making your favourite Street food instead of a foreigner? 

The wantan Mee made by him but served by the Indonesian helper.

Springy Mee with yummy kon Loh sauce and wantan in soup that had ikan  bilis stock taste. Even Alex’s mother (my son’s best friend) said this wantan Mee is good. 

My husband had Mee curry but I just have to have the cockles and pig skin first with taugeh and curry soup!!! 

This is Loong Yee...our friendly neighborhood kopitiam that fulfills our craving for hawker food. Thank goodness it is still there, what with everything being demolished and bulldozed off nowadays (especially in Chinatown) purportedly for the construction of the MRT. 

No comments: